STRIPES & POLKA DOTS







Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter


Tuesday, June 21, 2005



In consolation to myself, at least now I have some time for myself. A few days more to plan out my life, a few hours more to reflect, a few minutes more to look at myself in the mirror, a few seconds more to space out.

Just a little more time. A few more days in a week. A few more hours in a day. A few more minutes in an hour. A few more seconds in a day.

Yes, a little more time. Like, a year. Or two. For myself. Just for myself. (I'm convincing myself that it's really FOR myself rather than BY myself, which sounds rather pathetic.)

What's a year anyway? That's 4.38% of my life so far. A year from today, that would be about 4.2%. Quite long, because I'm young. If I'm 1000 years old, a year is nothing. But I'm young, still. Considering that 100% of my life means everything that has every happened to me (whether I remember the events or not), 4% means quite a lot of making and erasing memories. It's a giant bulk of memory.

But life's not about the length of time. It's about becoming, always becoming, over time, until that last moment of definition just before dying. This becoming part, is important, because what really matters is that definitive end. And the closer to the end the event is, the clearer it is, the more power it has to change us, to change whatever factor in the past has molded us. This, I suppose, why people are afraid of change. Because no matter what has happened in the past, the more recent events have more weight than the more previous ones.

When I was five years old, I had a best friend and now we're out of touch. When I was ten, I had a best friend and now we're out of touch. When I was fifteen I had a best friend and now we're out of touch. When I was twenty, I had a best friend and now we're out of touch. Now I'm twenty-fiveish, I have a best friend. When I die at thirty, and assuming, God forbid, that we lose touch, this twenty-five-ish best friend of mine would be dearest to me. This twenty-five-ish best friend would be my real best friend. Of all time.

The present always have and advantage over the past. The last has the greatest advantage.

In a year, I could change. I would not be the me I when I first came here. My only hope is that with a little more time for myself, I would grow into a better person. At least, the person I'll be is someone borne (?) out of contemplation. This new person I'll be, that's what's scaring me. But at least I could still be comforted with a thought: The present always have and advantage over the past. The last has the greatest advantage.

I may be staying here for a while. But I don't think I'll DIE here. I simply won't allow it. (God forbid it)

Posted by xam :: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------