Shapes and colors make me happy.
I like abstract paintings. I like Picasso. I like solid colors - blue, red, yellow, green and orange. Sometimes I like neon. I like geometric lines and shapes. I'm particularly fascinated with squares. Not so much with waves and unclosed curves. I don't like Baroque-inspired designs. I don't like paintings of the Madonna and Child, farmers in the field, flowers in vases, and fruits in baskets. They hurt my eyes.
I.AM.SAM
Name::xam From::Metro Manila, Philippines
i'm a pirate at heart. i'm smart, ruthless and greedy. yesterday i navigated the seas and my comrades died in battle. today i am trapped in davy jones' locker. but tomorrow i will find gold, i will be free and i will roam the seas again. Learn more about Sam
"I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge
That myth is more potent than history.
I believe that dreams are more powerful than facts -
That laughter is the only cure for grief.
And I believe that love is stronger than death."
~Robert Fulghum, It Was On Fire When I Laid Down On It
****
You Belong to Me
See the pyramids around the Nile
Watch the sun rise
From the tropic isle
Just remember darling
All the while
You belong to me
See the market place
In old Algiers
Send me photographs and souvenirs
Just remember
When a dream appears
You belong to me
And I'll be so alone without you
Maybe you'll be lonesome too
Fly the ocean
In a silver plane
See the jungle
When it's wet with rain
Just remember till
You're home again
You belong to me
Oh I'll be so alone without you
Maybe you'll be lonesome too
Fly the ocean
In a silver plane
See the jungle
When it's wet with rain
Just remember till
You're home again
You belong to me
****
What's Up
Twenty - five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination
And I realized quickly when I knew I should
That the world was made up of this brotherhood of man
For whatever that means
And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out
What's in my head
And I am feeling a little peculiar
And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream at the top of my lungs
What's going on?
And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?
Ooh, ooh ooh
And I try, oh my god do I try
I try all the time, in this institution
And I pray, oh my god do I pray
I pray every single day
For a revolution
And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out
What's in my head
And I am feeling a little peculiar
And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream at the top of my lungs
What's going on?
And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?
Twenty - five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination
It doesn’t make a difference anymore. Your tousled hair is the same as your freshly shaved chin, your crumpled shirt is no different from the morning fragrance of you The hours drag but with you it’s never enough You consume all of me in an instant. You drive me crazy with your witty mind, and I just love it when we disagree.
Sometimes I wonder what keeps it going, but when I look at you, your back turned to me watching that same reality show, or your eyes on the road, it’s the same old you that I met, shared a cup of coffee with, some wining and dining here and there, falling madly, madly in love with.
We never fight anymore, there’s just no reason to when our opinions and feelings and moods and ramblings breathe the same air - you're so right, we've built are own little world.
It’s funny how you ask me if you still make my heart tremble. We’re way past that, although you make my entirety melt, all the time, each time, every time.
Time isn’t a factor anymore. These years or was it days? It’s the same feeling of newness and familiarity right from the beginning, and I bet, until we’re gray and weary. I cannot get used to the excitement of having just met you, and I can neither remember anything, anyone before you. It's always been you.
and I just love it, this feeling of growing and changing and being more and being one. I never imagined it would be so complicated and simple. It’s not like fire burning and I can’t think. It’s like a flicker of hope inside and thinking for sure that I’ve got company all night long, all winter long, all life long. Heaven or hell becomes just one thing. Perfectly imperfect. It’s bitter love, It’s sweet you. It’s bitter you, It’s sweet love.
03/26/05
Posted by xam ::
Saturday, March 26, 2005 ::
2 Comments: