Shapes and colors make me happy.
I like abstract paintings. I like Picasso. I like solid colors - blue, red, yellow, green and orange. Sometimes I like neon. I like geometric lines and shapes. I'm particularly fascinated with squares. Not so much with waves and unclosed curves. I don't like Baroque-inspired designs. I don't like paintings of the Madonna and Child, farmers in the field, flowers in vases, and fruits in baskets. They hurt my eyes.
I.AM.SAM
Name::xam From::Metro Manila, Philippines
i'm a pirate at heart. i'm smart, ruthless and greedy. yesterday i navigated the seas and my comrades died in battle. today i am trapped in davy jones' locker. but tomorrow i will find gold, i will be free and i will roam the seas again. Learn more about Sam
"I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge
That myth is more potent than history.
I believe that dreams are more powerful than facts -
That laughter is the only cure for grief.
And I believe that love is stronger than death."
~Robert Fulghum, It Was On Fire When I Laid Down On It
****
You Belong to Me
See the pyramids around the Nile
Watch the sun rise
From the tropic isle
Just remember darling
All the while
You belong to me
See the market place
In old Algiers
Send me photographs and souvenirs
Just remember
When a dream appears
You belong to me
And I'll be so alone without you
Maybe you'll be lonesome too
Fly the ocean
In a silver plane
See the jungle
When it's wet with rain
Just remember till
You're home again
You belong to me
Oh I'll be so alone without you
Maybe you'll be lonesome too
Fly the ocean
In a silver plane
See the jungle
When it's wet with rain
Just remember till
You're home again
You belong to me
****
What's Up
Twenty - five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination
And I realized quickly when I knew I should
That the world was made up of this brotherhood of man
For whatever that means
And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out
What's in my head
And I am feeling a little peculiar
And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream at the top of my lungs
What's going on?
And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?
Ooh, ooh ooh
And I try, oh my god do I try
I try all the time, in this institution
And I pray, oh my god do I pray
I pray every single day
For a revolution
And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out
What's in my head
And I am feeling a little peculiar
And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream at the top of my lungs
What's going on?
And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?
Twenty - five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination
just so glad that i could blog at work!! bwahahahahahah!!!
to get into friendster, i have to log into www.guardster.com first (this is really good especially if you want to surf anonymously and there's a firewall, know what i mean? ;p).
anyway, im just glad. it's the first day of work for the calendar year 2005. (note: URC fiscal year begins in october, so i'm quite used to writing the number two-zero-zero-five by now. :) )
which reminds me of the tv program i watched last night. there's this girl complaining about her officemate who hasn't been "productive" at work since she got engaged. apparently, all she did was doodle (e.g. mrs. celia de guzman, mrs. leodegario de guzman, mrs. celia peñaflor de guzman, ms celia peñaflor - de guzman or worse --- ms. celia peñaflor HYPHEN de guzman.) the spell-out of H-Y-P-H-E-N really got me.. hehehehehe ;P
anyway, back to the "new year". what else is done on a new year?
YES... VERY CLEARLY. R-E-S-O-L-U-T-I-O-N.
i stopped doing this maybe ten years already. but somehow this year there's just a good old-fashioned need for this in my life. everything's just a mess. i'm a mess! my finances are so down (i'm not saving anything despite my working my ass off 8:00 - 6:30 pm every Mondays to Fridays EXCLUDING overtime and weekend work!! anyway this explains why i'm bloggin' at work!!!). my tummy's saggin' man!!!! need to do something about this coz i keep outgrowing my clothes every two months.... darn can you imagine a whopping 14-15 kg in two years?!?? SHIT. my skin.... i have to do something about my skin. i'm agein' at 23!! what i need right now is a RESOLUTION. a NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION just so there's a timeline to it, yer know?
anyway,
by RESOLUTION, does this mean i need to do something with strong resolve? or that i need to resolve an existing glitch? whichever (or are the two scenarios really just the same after all?), here are my new year's resolutions:
(1) DAMMIT DIET (2) DAMMIT EXERCISE (3) DAMMIT DRINK WATER NOT COKE NOT C2 NOT ICED TEA NOT COFFEE NOT GODDAMN BEER!! (4) DAMMIT STOP LUNCHING OUT IF YOU CAN HELP IT (5) MINIMIZE THE NIGHTLIFE (6) SLEEP EARLY WAKE UP EARLY (7) SPEND MORE TIME PREPARING IN THE MORNING FOR VANITY! (8) SPEND MORE MONEY FOR VANITY, BUT LESS, LESS, LESS ON GIMMICKS (9) SPEND MORE TIME REFLECTING (10) DO NOT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF. DO NOT LET THE ROSARIO AND C5 TRAFFIC AFFECT YOUR DAY! (11) SAVE MONEY (12) FIND RACKETS (13) DO SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR WANTING TO TEACH AT UP (14) CONTINUE TO SEEK KNOWLEDGE (15) TAKE A LEAP INTO THE FUTURE!
there, i've said it. now if i could only find a control measure for this.....
hopin hoppin xam poppin
Myself, contemplating...
Posted by xam ::
Tuesday, January 04, 2005 ::
0 Comments: