Shapes and colors make me happy.
I like abstract paintings. I like Picasso. I like solid colors - blue, red, yellow, green and orange. Sometimes I like neon. I like geometric lines and shapes. I'm particularly fascinated with squares. Not so much with waves and unclosed curves. I don't like Baroque-inspired designs. I don't like paintings of the Madonna and Child, farmers in the field, flowers in vases, and fruits in baskets. They hurt my eyes.
I.AM.SAM
Name::xam From::Metro Manila, Philippines
i'm a pirate at heart. i'm smart, ruthless and greedy. yesterday i navigated the seas and my comrades died in battle. today i am trapped in davy jones' locker. but tomorrow i will find gold, i will be free and i will roam the seas again. Learn more about Sam
"I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge
That myth is more potent than history.
I believe that dreams are more powerful than facts -
That laughter is the only cure for grief.
And I believe that love is stronger than death."
~Robert Fulghum, It Was On Fire When I Laid Down On It
****
You Belong to Me
See the pyramids around the Nile
Watch the sun rise
From the tropic isle
Just remember darling
All the while
You belong to me
See the market place
In old Algiers
Send me photographs and souvenirs
Just remember
When a dream appears
You belong to me
And I'll be so alone without you
Maybe you'll be lonesome too
Fly the ocean
In a silver plane
See the jungle
When it's wet with rain
Just remember till
You're home again
You belong to me
Oh I'll be so alone without you
Maybe you'll be lonesome too
Fly the ocean
In a silver plane
See the jungle
When it's wet with rain
Just remember till
You're home again
You belong to me
****
What's Up
Twenty - five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination
And I realized quickly when I knew I should
That the world was made up of this brotherhood of man
For whatever that means
And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out
What's in my head
And I am feeling a little peculiar
And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream at the top of my lungs
What's going on?
And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?
Ooh, ooh ooh
And I try, oh my god do I try
I try all the time, in this institution
And I pray, oh my god do I pray
I pray every single day
For a revolution
And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out
What's in my head
And I am feeling a little peculiar
And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream at the top of my lungs
What's going on?
And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?
Twenty - five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination
I got this from a forwarded email. Natural highs daw. Well, here are my thoughts on the list:
Being in love. - Definitely. Nothing beats this high. Laughing so hard your face hurts. - Oh, i wouldn't consider this a natural high. Sometimes this thing scares me. Like something bad's gonna happen after. A hot shower. - Woohoo!! As hot as it can get baby! I can get up even at 4AM in the morning knowing there's a hot shower waiting for me :) No queues at the supermarket. - That includes no traffic. Surely. But doesn't really give me "the" high. Taking a drive on a pretty road. - Mmmm.. If it aint traffic! Yep, this is a good high. Hearing your favourite song on the radio. - YES! YES! YES! Especially if I've been humming it or singing it with the lyrics all wrong and then I turn on the radio and that's it!!! *sigh* Lying in bed listening to the rain outside. - OOHHHH!!! Can't wait for the next time this happens. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer. - Not really. Not much. :( Chocolate milkshake ... (or vanilla ... or .......strawberry!) - Yup! Xcept when I get kabag afterwards. A bubble bath. - Oo naman. Lalo na siguro pag may ka-share *naughty* Giggling. - you mean like this? (hihihihihihi!) oo nga! A good conversation. - of course. specially with ibn and other fellow arcadians. :) Finding a $20 note in your coat from last winter. - of course! something like this has happened to me before.. I found SR 150 in my jacket from the previous winter. indeed!! Running through sprinklers. - uh, no i don't think so. don't like getting wet unless im bathing. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all. - yes. been doing a lot of this lately. alone. :) Having someone tell you that you're beautiful. - the ultimate! heheheh. basta siguro sincere. :) Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you. - yep! absolutely (a self-centered thought, but true) Waking up and realising you still have a few hours left to sleep. - sobra! i love this feeling. :) Making new friends or spending time with old ones. - oo naman... :) Having someone play with your hair. - i like this when im sick and someone, mommy or ibn runs her/his fingers through my hair.. *sigh* parang napapawi ang sakit ko. :) Sweet dreams. - of course. lalo na ako, i remember all my dreams. :) Making eye contact with a cute stranger. - Nah. Holding hands with someone you care about. - Trully true. Then your fingers play with each other and there's a bit of squeezing and swaying. hahahah! :) Running into an old friend and realising that some things (good or bad)never change. - yep, like finding out that liza or grace still smokes? heheheh :P Watching the _expression on someone's face as they open a much-desired present from you. - yes! yes! yes! :) especially if they like it. but if they don't... :( :( Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day. - nah! don't like waking up in the morning. gusto ko oversleep lagi!! :) Knowing that somebody misses you. - YES. This is what keeps me going. This is what makes me happy despite my solitude. I love the feeling of being missed. :) Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply. - OOHHHH!!!! YES! With lotsa squeeeeezing! Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other people think. - Right. Good feeling.
And to add: SNEEZING!!! hehehehe :P
How bout you? What's YOUR natural high?
Posted by xam ::
Tuesday, November 08, 2005 ::
0 Comments: