Shapes and colors make me happy.
I like abstract paintings. I like Picasso. I like solid colors - blue, red, yellow, green and orange. Sometimes I like neon. I like geometric lines and shapes. I'm particularly fascinated with squares. Not so much with waves and unclosed curves. I don't like Baroque-inspired designs. I don't like paintings of the Madonna and Child, farmers in the field, flowers in vases, and fruits in baskets. They hurt my eyes.
I.AM.SAM
Name::xam From::Metro Manila, Philippines
i'm a pirate at heart. i'm smart, ruthless and greedy. yesterday i navigated the seas and my comrades died in battle. today i am trapped in davy jones' locker. but tomorrow i will find gold, i will be free and i will roam the seas again. Learn more about Sam
"I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge
That myth is more potent than history.
I believe that dreams are more powerful than facts -
That laughter is the only cure for grief.
And I believe that love is stronger than death."
~Robert Fulghum, It Was On Fire When I Laid Down On It
****
You Belong to Me
See the pyramids around the Nile
Watch the sun rise
From the tropic isle
Just remember darling
All the while
You belong to me
See the market place
In old Algiers
Send me photographs and souvenirs
Just remember
When a dream appears
You belong to me
And I'll be so alone without you
Maybe you'll be lonesome too
Fly the ocean
In a silver plane
See the jungle
When it's wet with rain
Just remember till
You're home again
You belong to me
Oh I'll be so alone without you
Maybe you'll be lonesome too
Fly the ocean
In a silver plane
See the jungle
When it's wet with rain
Just remember till
You're home again
You belong to me
****
What's Up
Twenty - five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination
And I realized quickly when I knew I should
That the world was made up of this brotherhood of man
For whatever that means
And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out
What's in my head
And I am feeling a little peculiar
And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream at the top of my lungs
What's going on?
And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?
Ooh, ooh ooh
And I try, oh my god do I try
I try all the time, in this institution
And I pray, oh my god do I pray
I pray every single day
For a revolution
And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out
What's in my head
And I am feeling a little peculiar
And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream at the top of my lungs
What's going on?
And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?
Twenty - five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination
Being a law student at the UP College of Law is the only thing that feels like I could sustain doing for over a year since 2002, aside from being Ibn’s girl friend, that is. It seems like I could sustain it, and I cross my fingers I could, because since I graduated last 2002, everything else in my life has been changing in less than a year’s time. And I just want to stay put for a while and smell the roses.
Bldg. 7 at the UP Bliss (June 2002 – October 2002) Our house in Paranaque (November 2002 – May 2005) Pearlmont Inn in Cagayan De Oro (May 2005 – July 2005) Hatrima Apartment in Cagayan De Oro (July 2005 – October 2005) Fabe’s Apartment in Cagayan de Oro (November 2005 – February 2006) An apartment at Novaliches (March 2006 – August 2006) Bldg. 5 at the UP Bliss (August 2006 – October 2006) Bldg. 23 at the UP Bliss (November 2006 – present)
God I wish I’d stay for the next 4 years here in our apartment in UP Bliss, but I’m starting to itch.
I’ve taken the following courses:
Bachelor of Fine Arts at the University of the Philippines College of Fine Arts (June 2002 – October 2002) Certificate of Web Technologies at the NIIT in Makati (October 2003 – July 2004) Bachelor of Laws at the University of the Philippines College of Law (June 2006 – present)
God I wish I’d stay for the next 4 years at the UP College of Law. I wish I don’t quit on it. I wish I don’t get kicked out.
I’ve had the following jobs / rackets:
Promo Dimensions, Inc. (March 2003 – July 2003) Filia Foods, Inc. / Go Nuts Donuts (October 2003 – January 2004) NHIS Project (January 2004 – March 2004) Universal Robina Corporation (April 2004 – April 2005) Colgate-Palmolive Philippines, Inc. (May 2005 – February 2006) Splash Corporation (February 2006 – June 2006)
God I wish I’d find a job in the near future where I’ll stay for MORE than a year. That’s why I’ve been afraid to find a job.
I now have fine lines. God I'm aging. I have fine lines around my eyes. I do think my face has sagged a bit. I'm sure my body's sagged too. And I haven't even married yet.
I’m curly now, and my hair’s quite long. I used to have short, straightened hair. I want to keep my hair now.
I gained almost 20kg in the past 5 years from my benchmark – graduation of 2002. I’m down to 6kg above benchmark. I’m doing pretty good here.
Things that haven’t changed in the past 5 years:
Ibn remains to be my boy friend. Going stronger? I wish so… :) Enuh remains to be my best friend. :) Best na nga, pero even better. I still go to the arcade. Life still isn’t complete without having at least an hour of tambay at the arcade.
I’m really tired. Of all the changes in my life. I don't understand why I still itch for changes. I don't understand why I still can't stay put. Why I still keep on searching. Why I doubt the things that show some semblance of stability. Why I have to create my own problems. Why I have become an escapist.
I want to stay put. I want to stay here at the UP Bliss. I want to finish law school. I want to follow through with my commitments, such as with Portia. I love Portia. I want to keep Enuh as my best friend. I want to keep Ibn as my boyfriend. I want to marry him, for God's sake.
Though I still itch, I’m trying. I’m trying to get the hang of stability. There’s been too many changes in my life. I’m in my late twenties, soon. Before I know it, I’m thirty. I NEED to have some stense of stability. I NEED to stay put for a while. I NEED to follow through. I NEED to grow up.