STRIPES & POLKA DOTS







Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter


Friday, July 13, 2007

If You Knew Me by Sarah Cabrera

If you knew me,
You'd line up all my crayons
and colored pencils to match the rainbow;
You'd sing to me when I am sad,
or just sit with me in the beach,
and we'd bury our feet in the sand.
You'd watch the sunset with me,
and wait for the stars to pop out one by one.

If you knew me,
You'd light a candle on the eve of my birthday
and just let it melt on, not blow it out;
You'd plant a tree in my name,
one that will grow big and strong;
so kids will have a tree to climb when I'm old;
You'd smile whenever you remember me,
for all the little things, we barely notice,
that seem silly and quickly passing.

If you knew me,
You'd look into my eyes, and as I look
into yours, you'll know that I see,
how beautiful you really are;
You'd find it funny how I've searched for
big words to name very simple things, and
we can laugh together.
You'd share that warm blanket with me,
when the night is just too cold.

If you knew me,
You'd know that I never wanted to change you,
that I don't want anything else but for you
to be yourself;
You'd see it only takes sincerity and gentleness
to mend my heart;
You'd know that when love is born in me,
it never really dies...

~Sarah Cabrera

P.S.: Danda-danda naman ng tula ni Sarah. Tungkol sa sarili niya pero inaangkin ko. hehehe! Love you Sarah! Mwah!

Labels:


Posted by xam :: Friday, July 13, 2007 :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------