Shapes and colors make me happy.
I like abstract paintings. I like Picasso. I like solid colors - blue, red, yellow, green and orange. Sometimes I like neon. I like geometric lines and shapes. I'm particularly fascinated with squares. Not so much with waves and unclosed curves. I don't like Baroque-inspired designs. I don't like paintings of the Madonna and Child, farmers in the field, flowers in vases, and fruits in baskets. They hurt my eyes.
I.AM.SAM
Name::xam From::Metro Manila, Philippines
i'm a pirate at heart. i'm smart, ruthless and greedy. yesterday i navigated the seas and my comrades died in battle. today i am trapped in davy jones' locker. but tomorrow i will find gold, i will be free and i will roam the seas again. Learn more about Sam
"I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge
That myth is more potent than history.
I believe that dreams are more powerful than facts -
That laughter is the only cure for grief.
And I believe that love is stronger than death."
~Robert Fulghum, It Was On Fire When I Laid Down On It
****
You Belong to Me
See the pyramids around the Nile
Watch the sun rise
From the tropic isle
Just remember darling
All the while
You belong to me
See the market place
In old Algiers
Send me photographs and souvenirs
Just remember
When a dream appears
You belong to me
And I'll be so alone without you
Maybe you'll be lonesome too
Fly the ocean
In a silver plane
See the jungle
When it's wet with rain
Just remember till
You're home again
You belong to me
Oh I'll be so alone without you
Maybe you'll be lonesome too
Fly the ocean
In a silver plane
See the jungle
When it's wet with rain
Just remember till
You're home again
You belong to me
****
What's Up
Twenty - five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination
And I realized quickly when I knew I should
That the world was made up of this brotherhood of man
For whatever that means
And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out
What's in my head
And I am feeling a little peculiar
And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream at the top of my lungs
What's going on?
And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?
Ooh, ooh ooh
And I try, oh my god do I try
I try all the time, in this institution
And I pray, oh my god do I pray
I pray every single day
For a revolution
And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out
What's in my head
And I am feeling a little peculiar
And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream at the top of my lungs
What's going on?
And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?
Twenty - five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination
I'm done with my resolutions. I think I've become more vague this year compared to last year, but I decided that becoming "general" would inspire me to go beyond the "specifics" I had in mind at the start of the year, and throughout the year work on what I initially believed was essential. To achieve what is after all my point.
SPIRITUAL: Be more Islamic this year. Talk more to God. Connect more with Islam, my Muslim brothers and sisters, and with my heritage. Little steps make the difference.
LOVE: Talk less, listen more. Be less selfish, be more giving. Pay more attention to the beautiful little details. Be more romantic and spontaneous. Be more attentive to his needs.
FAMILY: Care more. Call them more. Communicate more. Be more thoughtful. Exert more effort to strengthen relationships. Say I love you. Say thank you.
FRIENDS: Be more giving. Be more helpful. Listen more. Cherish true friends, forget the rest. There’s no more time for shit.
FINANCES: Fix my finances. Save AT LEAST 50% of net income. Invest wisely. Budget wisely. Seriously develop a budget and stick to it. The budget must make room for both wisdom, recreation, and contingency (for emergency or impulse buying :p). Build a strong credit history this year. Future finances depend on this. Bad finance > Bad plans > Bad future > Bad life.
CAREER: Develop an honest commitment with present job. Start thinking of it as a lifetime vocation, not just a job. Do something about wanting to pursue further studies or teaching.
LOCATION: Find a way to return to Manila. Be creative about the ways to return. :)
HEALTH & BEAUTY: Dependent on returning back to Manila, join a fitness club and become fit by the end of the year. Believe that miracles can happen. Cut down on chocolates, sweets, carbonated drinks, rice and bread.
Start a beauty regimen for my hair, face, skin and nails. Get that digital perm at David’s Salon by mid-year. Grow your hair, and get those Hollywood locks you’ve been dying to have since forever. Develop a loyalty for one effective anti-ageing / anti-wrinkles for my face and skin. Restore toenails to youthful and healthy state by the end of the year.
Start a health regimen for my eyes and teeth. Sleep and eat within an accectable schedule. Fix my monthly period. Go to my OB and religiously take the medication.
Posted by xam ::
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 ::
1 Comments: