STRIPES & POLKA DOTS







Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter


Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Reality By Richard Sanderson

Image hosting by Photobucket


<<<<>>>>

(hmm…. Whenever I hear this intro, I want to close my eyes, curl up in a soft bed, hide under a thick layer of blanket, in a dark, cold room and get into that wistful mood… Time suspends for a while and I fly back to the early 90’s…. :)


Met you by surprise (very gentle, like a pleasant surprise)

I didn’t realize (suspends time for a short while for that pleasant surprise)

that my life would change (here is the beginning of the pleasant surprise, the song’s version of a drumroll, hehe)

forever (cliché, yes, but darn it, the smooth way “forever” was sang makes me tingle all over)

Saw you standing there (here comes another prelude to something pleasant)

didn’t know I’d care (suspends time again)

There was something special (the beginning of the second plesant thing.. drumrolls again!!!)

in the air (oooohhh!!! *croon* here comes the second pleasant thing)

(And now we officially enter the dreamlike state:)

Dreams are my reality
the only kind of real fantasy
Illusions are a common thing
I try to live in dreams
It seems as if it’s meant to be..
Dreams are my reality
A different kind of re---- ality
I dream of loving in the night
And loving seems alright
Although it’s only fantasy

<<<>>>>
If you do exist (seems like there’s a moment here for a reality check …)
Honey don’t resist
Show me in your way
of loving (I start to feel like it’s really me he’s talking to)
Tell me that it’s true
Show me what to do (the way “do” was sang…. awwwwww)
I feel something special about you

Dreams are my reality
the only kind of re---ality
Maybe my foolishness has passed
And maybe now at last
I’lll see how a real thing can be

Dreams are my reality
A wondrous world where I like to be.
I dream of holdin’ you all night
And holding you seems right
Perhaps that’s my reality…

<<<>>>

Met you by surpise (at this point I’m lightheaded, teary-eyed and dancing in the air in my dreamlike state)
I didn’t realize that my life would change forever
Tell me that it’s true (now I want to say, YES YES YES IT’s TRUE!!!)
Feelings that aren’t you
I feel something special about you… (i’m practically non-existent now here, just some gas whirling in the wind)

Dreams are my reality
A wondrous world where I like to be.



Illusions are a common thing
I try to live in dreams
Although it’s only fantasy
Illusions are a common thing
I try to live in dreams
Although it’s only fantasy

Dreams are my reality

(AND NOW WE SNAP BACK TO REALITY! HARSH RE-ALITY!!! DARN IT)

Posted by xam :: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------